WSRA Awards & Honors
WSRA grants awards and honors in WSRA for exemplary service to literacy education in the state. These include the following:
- Celebrate Literacy Award, one of which is given to an individual who has made significant contributions to literacy and one to an organization who has made significant contributions to literacy;
- Council Recognition Award which is presented to a council for a well established program or activity that promotes the goals of the council;
- Friends of Literacy Honor Roll Award which is presented to a past or present WSRA member who has served WSRA 10+ years;
- Leadership in Literacy Technology Award which is presented to a individual who demonstrates leadership in utilizing literacy technology into and beyond the classroom;
- Outstanding Administrator Awards which are presented to Wisconsin administrators who are an advocate of reading;
- Outstanding Legislator Award which is presented to a legislator who has advanced literacy in Wisconsin by supporting reading and writing education and directing legislation promoting sound educational policy;
- Outstanding Service Award which is presented to an active member of WSRA and local council and demonstrates leadership and whose achievements have had an impact on the growth of WSRA and local councils and reading in Wisconsin; and
- President’s Award which is presented to an individual who has made a significant contribution to literacy with state or national impact.
WSRA also provides grants to individuals and councils. They include the following:
- Community Service Grants which assist councils sponsoring community service projects;
- Pat Bricker Memorial Research Awards to help individuals seeking support for classroom research; and
- Student Scholarship Awards which provide grants to education students (up to 5 to full-time undergraduate students and up to 5 graduate students) to attend the WSRA convention
Pat Bricker was a WSRA member and a teacher in Marinette, Wisconsin from 1961-1980. She is honored by the annual WSRA Pat Bricker Memorial Research Award. Pat had a keen interest in classroom-based research and conducted her own inquiries, before action research was common. WSRA created the Memorial Award to honor her memory. Nominations are due to the WSRA Research Committee at WSRAresearch@gmail.com by November 1.
The forms below are accessible to Leadership members who are logged on to the WSRA website.
The forms can be found in the Leadership page in the RedBook. Nominations are due to WSRA by November 1. Please email the nominations to WSRA at firstname.lastname@example.org.
D3a Celebrate Literacy Individual Award
D3b Celebrate Literacy Organization Award
D4 Outstanding Administrator Award
D5 Outstanding Service Award
D6 Student Scholarship
D7 Council Recognition Award
D8 Friends of Literacy Award
D9 Leadership in Technology Award
D10 Community Service Grant Procedure Form