The Wisconsin State Reading Association provides leadership, advocacy, and professional learning for the implementation of effective literacy practices, recognizing the complex nature of literacy and engaging students to apply their literacies in meaningful ways in a changing world.
Research Grounds Us!
Literacy is a complex process requiring a comprehensive approach and a mindset shift.
- Advocacy: Develop tools, strategies, and interest to motivate WSRA members to engage in advocacy efforts to improve research, policy and practices for literacy programs that best serve students, families, and educators.
- Communication: Provide leadership in addressing issues and trends in reading and communication arts to inform educators, administrators, families, and community members.
- Membership: Develop and strengthen an active and diverse membership.
- Partnership: Create partnerships that foster literacy in the home, school, community, and workplace.
- Professional Development: Encourage professional growth opportunities for families, educators, administrators and community members.
- Research: Promote and disseminate research findings that will strengthen and support the best practices for instruction in the communication arts